thoughts
of a
late bloomer
good reads

Rose's bookshelf: read

Pride and Prejudice
Remember Me?
The Undomestic Goddess
P.S. I Love You
The Gift


Rose P.'s favorite books »
The Late Bloomer

I'm a teenager who struggles on her own.

MY SITES

Twitter The Late Bloomer Tumblr Link Link Link
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 @ 12:54 AM
Lady Bookworm


Stories of scandals and love affairs were mostly the theme of my “preferred” stories to read. It made my heart beat up two notches high and my mind swirl with sweet imagination making me a fan girl lunatic. I almost think that I was born in a wrong century, a realization that draw unto me that it has been three years ever since I started reading historical romance.

It all started with a friend named Keidy; she’s one of the few friends who I lost contact after high school, but fortunately we still keep in touch when time allows. As a certified “weirdo-nerd-geek-bookworm” or whatever the “queen bees” and gossips say about me, Keidy and I shared the common hobby of reading books. When the time comes that I don’t have anything interesting to read in the school library, she offered me to read a historical romance novel.

The first historical book was “The Loving Scoundrel” written by Johanna Lindsey and it was part of the Malory Series; later on, she advised “The Bridgerton” Series written by Julia Quinn and got me hooked into buying and reading it.

Now, even though I am single and a college student, who owns a copy of the first two books of the series, one couldn’t help but think that I am a hopeless romantic, who dwells on reading these “cheesy” stories. Janelle even told me that reading these books make my standards of my “dream boy” different considering that the desirable “men” in the story were gentlemen, who wore cravats, part of the peerage and rode on a white horse. She told me to consider reading books that are for teenagers, but I said that the plot was too immature for me and that I’m planning to “level up” by reading sci-fi or classics, even the novels written by great authors.

It’s true that I am a hopeless romantic, but the more I dwell on that unfortunate fact, the more I become desperate into entering in a relationship, which was not a good move. It’s not even true that these stories changes the way how I see men, but reading these kind of stories comforted me and made me forget the present melancholy; Somehow, putting myself into the shoes of the heroine, to pretend to be in-love is also another way to battle depression, much more better than skulking in bed and think of my problems when I’m home alone or couldn’t manage to sleep.

Reading is my dandelion, a sweet escape from the harsh reality,  that makes my day whenever unfortunate events happen. Historical romance novel or a bestseller, makes my mind imagine happy scenarios that was written, run my imagination wild and  the quotes and the lessons also enlighten my mind, my heart and soul that equips me into a future that waits ahead.


back to top?
monthly archive

October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 April 2013
recent entries

Admire Doing something ordinary Loneliness Morning
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS